Saturday, March 3, 2007

"The Closing Machine"

From this moment forward I am no longer John. I am John, "The Closing Machine."

I need to close some deals and make some money - and plain old 'John' just wasn't making the cut. My activity levels were decent (with room for major improvement) in most areas of the sales process - the phones, cold calling, prospecting, appointments, etc - but no matter how many proposals I presented, I wasn't closing anything. The clients would just sit on the quote for weeks without making any decision, or just end up doing business elsewhere at the last moment - even after an appointment to sign paperwork had been set. The old John was great at showing businesses that they had a need for his product, but just couldn't close any of them himself.

John "The Closing Machine" needs to have a different attitude. He needs to stop being such a "nice" guy to decision makers (because we know what place nice guys finish). He needs to bump up his activity levels and hit the streets harder. He needs to recoup some of his $56,000 revenue deficit from the first two months of the year and have an awesome March.

I know I can be a great salesman. And I see the potential for earning lots of money where I'm at. But I need to have a total attitude adjustment and start closing some deals real soon or I will most likely be out of a job.

This purpose of this site is to document what steps I'm taking to close some deals. I have several hot prospects already this month that I know are closeable. I also need to find new business so that April and beyond will be successful too. I will be posting any relevant tips and information on closing that I come across in books and on the web on the site as well.

I'd appreciate any advice and support. Please leave comments or email me at closingmachine@gmail.com.

No comments: